A 20-something guy, who is known for his spontaneous crap, like the blog title.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

I think, therefore I am

I had a stayover yesterday; after having salmon at IKEA of course. Had numerous rounds of card games, 1.5 rounds of Family Feud, and very little sleep. Sleep deprivation makes your mind revolve in mysterious ways, especially if everyone else in the room is fast asleep already and you are still staring wide eyed at the Justine Henin-Hardenne adidas poster on the wall with the words "Impossible is nothing" emblazoned and reflecting a peculiar glow in the orange night light.

During this period of silent rumination, I came to realise a few things:

1. I have 1/52 left to tidy up my life before the next phase officially begins. My room is still in a mess (though Pile B is gone, Pile C is now 1/2 it's original height, and I'm recycling so much paper I could get an environmentalist award) and I've only gotten as far as the cover for my ACLS manual. Plus I'm pretty busy next week, meeting 2 insurance agents on Monday (how on earth do they get our numbers?!), watching Fundoshi on Tuesday (yeah!) and having a gathering on Wednesday (woo hoo!). So I wonder how I'm going to get things done. Either "procrastination" is my middle name, or the acceleration due to gravity has tripled in the last few weeks.

2. Uncertainties can be rather daunting, like you never know what's going to trip you during your first night call while your MO and reg are in the OT. Or whether the next apple strudel you eat will contain raisins. But talking with close friends helps ease the tension, especially if they are in the same boat as you.

3. I'm probably rusty at venupuncture and setting plug now. What's more I'm starting in a "surgical" posting so the elderly patients will require a green needle. Wa. Difficult man.

4. Besides mugging up medical emergencies I also need to familiarise with all the drug dosages in 2/52 time! Gotta print the HO drug list from geraldtan, burn it and drink the ashes in Milo. Speaking of which, I think I need to get a pouch bag thingy to carry stuff around, and this leads me to the next point.

5. I'm so broke I can rob a bank with a syringe filled with midazolam (idea courtesy of Nic and GC). The guards and people will get amnesia some more so will hopefully forget who came to take $50.25 from their safe to buy a Billabong pouch.

And finally, a helpful tip to those who are going to SGH (including myself if I get my 2nd / 3rd posting)
6. SGH people should wear Heelys during night calls so they can cruise down the corridors while moving from one block to another.

*Side note
Halfway typing through this, got an MSN message from GC (and email from munjen) about XH's thing. And I agree with all the 3 girls that "my medical student life has ended without a conclusion". So I'm totally going to that gathering man. I'll take 35 bucks more when I'm robbing that bank. Was originally meant to have another gathering with my high school friends. But so sorry, you guys gotta wait. I only get to pass MBBS once.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you SURE you are recycling the amount of paper that you claim you are???

10:55 PM, April 15, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YESH you must come. i've included u already! guess u must have gotten my very erm hostile sounding email bwahahahaha. i've been packing too and after seeing those dusty piles i'm glad med sch's over! pui. ;)

2:51 PM, April 16, 2006

 
Blogger Jerome said...

anonymous: well it all depends how much it takes to get the environmentalist award. considering i keep all sorts of crap (i actually dug out macs coupons from 1999), i should at least be nominated.

dm' eldest daughter: haha. i think the email is more funny than hostile. =) really looking forward to wednesday! still trying to find midazolam though. ha.

4:15 PM, April 16, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home