A 20-something guy, who is known for his spontaneous crap, like the blog title.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Inauguration

Today marks my first venture into blogging. It shall remain an experiment; a beta-testing so to say.

About me
Am a normal (maybe), run-of-the-mill (definitely) guy who has just completed MBBS and hopefully passed it (results in 2 days). Digs movies but often limited by season offerings (i mean, who will go watch ultraviolet?). Want to get out of racket games and play something else. Maybe JUDO. or WAKEBOARDING.

Recently
It's been pretty mudane lately. Besides the short-lived excitement at the end of MBBS, nothing else has been interesting. Had a hearty chat with friends yesterday and have come to reminiscence on the student days. 2/52 time, and we will all step into the wards, laden with, not only endless patient lists and a ringing handphone, but also a newfound responsiblity of handling patients' lives. Now that'll probably keep our adrenals pumping every sec.

Thoughts
MBBS has been an arduous journey. And I am grateful for all the help and support from friends, family, relatives and even complete strangers. Like taxi drivers who ask which faculty you are in and then go on a tireless speech on how expensive and difficult the medicine course is. Or even people queuing at the supermarket, wondering why you speak strangely ("you speak with an accent. are you local? are you a student? what are you studying?"). And they invariably end off with "work hard young man. my life will depend on you in the future". Then you start to remember what you said in the admissions interview. "Sir, I want to be able to help people." It was these thoughts in mind that drove me forward when i find myself sick and tired of memorising the 12 causes of cerebellar signs.

And I spoke with an "accent", only because I had 1 large aphthuous ulcer on my lip and 1 large cut on my tongue. Yes. It was PAINFUL.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooi! who're you??

10:36 PM, April 08, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home