A 20-something guy, who is known for his spontaneous crap, like the blog title.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Not a student, not yet a doctor

Today was results day. And the School of Medicine has decided that it was safe enough to put the letters "D" and "R" in front of my name. What a day. Was comforted when I saw JY burst into laughter and hug YZ ecstatically. Yes. They made it. They got through the viva and made it. And they ought to. As I collected my employment package (which by the way came with this 5kg ACLS manual that I had to lug around town), I realised my life as a student has officially ended. Very soon I'll be a working adult who needs financial planning (yes, some persistent, or maybe dedicated, agent from some insurance company came to talk to me already). How excitingly dreadful. I won't really call myself financially independent cos I still have a whooping 64K bank loan to clear. Using 10 fingers I can count and realise that I will have merely 500 to spend for my meals, transport and little else. So much for planning to get Raoul shirts with my first pay check. It's either Raoul or starvation, and I wouldn't look good in Raoul with an emaciated face. It doesn't help that I will get a huge pay cut as I enter NS 18/12 later. Fortunately that insurance agent got me thinking and mentally prepared on what's to come.

So I crossed out some items from my "What to do with my first pay check" list
Raoul shirts
10 DVDs per month
Desktop/Laptop/Palmtop
Mobile phone
Car

And I'm now a happy man.

7 Comments:

Blogger Wei Qiang said...

great use of the hyphen!
I suppose u r quite surgically minded, 'surge-on'!
i'm sorry i still can't figure out who u r.
can u drop a hint if anonymity is not an issue?

7:05 PM, April 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i must admit that after so long, i haven't the slightest idea who you are... and the obsessive-compulsive part of me can't stand it any more!

so.... hints? pretty please?:)

10:26 PM, April 11, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops i din mean to sound that fierce hahaha...

10:51 PM, April 11, 2006

 
Blogger Jerome said...

i thank everyone for their enthusiastic curiosity.

i am operating on semi-anonymity here because of my temperamental tendencies.

the next time i see you guys, i will confess. ha =)

and roon, i had to modify your rather enlightening comment, if you don't mind. =)

11:01 AM, April 12, 2006

 
Blogger KwangHow said...

Haha.. i thought i was the only puzzled one.. so sorry, i also cannot figure out who you are.. Hope to meet you at the NHG orientation :)

4:17 PM, April 12, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you didn't modify it..you deleted e whole thing!! okie i'm gonna kill u on fri haha..

11:00 PM, April 12, 2006

 
Blogger savante said...

Raoul shirts cost a bomb but they look so good :) Congrats on making it as a doctor. The hard part comes during the houseman year :)

Paul

4:02 PM, May 13, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home