A 20-something guy, who is known for his spontaneous crap, like the blog title.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sick, miserable, and totally random

Porridge - the perennial favourite of a sick man.
*Bleah*

Anyway this weekend has been suitably miserable. My head spins, my nose runs, my back hurts. Fortunately there was no rash, petechiae or islands of sparing. Spent the time fixing up my newly-acquired toy, the camera-less Nokia E51, appropriately labelled on the box as a phone for "security-sensitive professionals". Finally. I can ditch the 6510, which by the way has a monochromatic display and is, accurately, so last century. Now Jerome can blog on the move with E51's wi-fi capabilities!

After transferring his entire phonebook into E51 and setting up the MAC filter, Jerome headed down to Video Ezy, only to find that no exciting movies were getting released. He rented Word Play, which turned out to be an interesting documentary on the crossword puzzle culture in the States, pretty much along the same line as Spellbound. It got Jerome excited a bit, and he went online to try out one NY Times puzzle, only to give up after facing such obscurities as "7 down: table scrap = ORT, 56 down: stewpot = OLLA".

And I thought knowing "AA: a basaltic lava", "EL: an elevated railroad" for my Scrabble was nerdy enough... (o_0)"

Well, despite his illness, Jerome will need to drag himself out to Millenia Walk later to collect his race pack for Sundown. Fortunately he got a little better after self-medicating. Paracetamol works wonders, seriously. And since he's heading down to town, he'll be catching Indiana Jones with GC, who politely mentioned that she didn't mind going out with a sick man because she "deals with them everyday". Hmm... a little morbid if you think about it.

Talking about morbid, I removed the foot ulcer/abrasion pic from the last entry because I thought it looked inappropriate and, well, repulsive. I really should refrain from taking pictures of my body parts and posting them online. Hehez. Oh boy am I pandering to my voyueristic self.

1 Comments:

Blogger gwenstella said...

that looks like the computer table. cause i could see a corner of my Hello Kitty pouch.

hey! i thought no eating in front of the computer?

*urrrgh!

12:13 PM, May 29, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home