A 20-something guy, who is known for his spontaneous crap, like the blog title.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Bomb scare

As described, I had to drag myself out to Millenia Walk to collect my race pack. Booked tickets to catch Indiana Jones so as not to waste my trip downtown.

The movie was bad. I just had to say it. Maybe "bad" is too mild a word. I guess with Steven Spielberg (ET) and Geroge Lucas (Star Wars) helming both director and producer positions, you cannot blame the ending for being strange, weird, and absolutely uncalled for.

Ok obviously I'm holding off the storyline here lest I'm accused of spoiling it. If you really want to know you can contact me, somehow. But you will understand what I'm saying if you have watched it and suffered the 122 minutes like me.

The bright side of this is perhaps my anticipation for the Lego: Indiana Jones, The Original Adventures computer game. Can totally imagine running my Lego figurines through the action sequences. Had a great time with Lego: Star Wars I and II, so I hope Indiana Jones wouldn't be too bad. The preview shots looked great!

The MRT trip home was hilarious. I almost went ROFL. This guy sat down but left his bag of vegetables about 5m from him so as not to block the standing passengers. This pair of teenagers stood next to the bag, thinking it belongs to a Bangla who was squatting in a corner. Well... the Bangla got up and left, and the pair of teenagers kindly pointed out to him: "Hi, your bag." The Bangla motioned "no" and walked away.

Then one of the punky teenager said, to incredible comical effect: "A vegetable bomb!"

Haha... I swear, I almost laughed out loud. But what was amazing he actually started asking the people around him if the bag belonged to them. This, I must say, is the kind of public spirit we need in this stifling climate of fear and terrorism.

Mom was right. Shouldn't have gone out for so long and take in all the "cold air". My myalgia returned, and my nose started to drip again. But maybe it's just because my meds are wearing off. Time for another dose!

Getting sick this weekend is bad timing. There are loads of important work to rush before I head off to Taiwan next week, and Sundown is happening on Saturday. Don't think I have trained enough. Haha.

So boss, er, IF you are reading this (notice that's a BIG if), can I claim Friday off? Hehez... (-_-)v

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha.
vegetable bomb!
wanni

11:35 PM, May 26, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gd luck 4 your Sundown!

1:59 PM, May 27, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, means i wont be seeing yoo for a couple of wks huh.

well all the best for sundown,
and eateateat when your in taiwan!

cheeeerrssss.

7:53 PM, May 27, 2008

 
Blogger Jerome said...

hi all!

wanni - you should so see the bag. it is really one huge red plastic bag of green leafy vegetables... haha...

anonymouse - thanks!

jollyolme - so... when are you starting parkour? haha... thanks for well-wishes... imagine running sundown with a blocked nose. (o_0)"

8:58 PM, May 27, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i'll be at sundown too!

9:19 PM, May 27, 2008

 
Blogger gwenstella said...

Sundown race pack is PATHETIC.

they should have gotten more sponsers for free samples of sunblock, lip balm and moisterisers in the pack.

so now, i have nothing to steal from your bag.

12:16 PM, May 29, 2008

 
Blogger Jerome said...

haha... er, considering Sundown is happening when the SUN IS DOWN, there shouldn't be a need for sunblock, lip balm or moisturisers.

Maybe insect repellants.

6:30 PM, May 29, 2008

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

think id better start on my bucketlist first ;)

9:55 PM, May 30, 2008

 

Post a Comment

<< Home